Lake Country Neighbors
LCN Scholarship Fund
Lake Country Neighbors' Scholarship Application Form is Available From Your High School Counselor.
Due Back to Counselor Office by April 7th
Alba-Golden, Rains, and Yantis ISD only
Lake Country Neighbors is proud to provide scholarships to many Alba-Golden, Rains, and Yantis graduating high school seniors annually. Each scholarship is a minimum of$1500. The purpose is to assist each senior to pay for continuing education costs and promote both professional learning and the advancement of the trades. These scholarships are distributed on a basis of 80% for students going into a college of higher learning and 20% for students entering the trades.
Throughout the year, Lake Country Neighbors holds fundraising events for the scholarship fund, such as bake sales and the annual Mardi Gras Party which includes a silent auction benefitting the fund.
During the last semester of each high school year, applications for scholarships are taken to the local high schools and given to the principals and career counselors. Recipients are selected from the following criteria:
- Actual proof of acceptance in a college or technical institute
- Number of scholarships previously awarded from other donors, including dollar values
- Academic achievements and honors in high school
- School clubs and organizations plus offices held
- Community Activities
- Employment while attending school
- Life Values
- Personal importance of scholarship including financial need
- Certified copy of GPA